- AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified
- Up to 10 independent measurement lines possible (10 SEN lines)
- VAR&FIX_SEN function to avoid parasitic influences from cable and PCB
- Designed according functional safety standard
AMS's highly accurate capacitive sensors enable reliable and accurate presence sensing of human beings in automotive systems. The AS8579 sensor is capable of detecting the change of capacity in different applications by measuring the relative change of the impedance, which is dependent on the circuit.
Apart from using the AS8579 capacitive sensors for human detection, it can also be used for many other applications, such as Hand-on-Detection for autonomous driving, fluid level sensing, or touchless trunk opening.
- I/Q-Signal demodulation
- Accurate capacitive measurement (seperation of resistive and capacitive information)
- Higher durability and lower system costs
- Enabler for safety critical applications
- Suitable for automotive applications
- Autonomous driving applications
- Detection of any human presence exterior of vehicle
- Fluid Level Measurement