- On- and Off-axis Positioning Possible
- Adaptable Coil/Sensor Layout
- High Angular Accuracy (0.3° Electrical Error)
- Low Propagation Delay
Based on inductive sensor technology, a new position sensor from ams measures the coupling between a TX (transmission) and two RX (receive) coils via a moveable target. The coils are executed as printed circuit coils thereby reducing the overall cost of the system. The target is a simple punched metal part.
With the correct layout of coils and target the IC outputs differential sin/cos signals which are proportional to the angular position of the rotor and can be used for motor commutation. The product is defined as SEooC (Safety Element out of Context) according to ISO26262.
- Sin/Cos Output
- Functional Safety, Diagnostics
- AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualified
- EPS motor drive
- HVAC pumps
- Window lift