- Typical voltage range of a dual 1.5 cell or LiPo battery, down to 1.8V
- High current operation up to 1.6A
- Small package, SSOP16
- Saves board space
The TC78H651FNG is a new dual H-bridge driver IC for DC brushed motors and stepping motors. It delivers performance at a low voltage (down to 1.8V) and high current (up to 1.6A) that is essential for equipment powered by dry-cell batteries.
The new device is suitable for motor applications such as cameras and compact printers using 3.7V lithium-ion batteries, toys and home appliances, smart meters, and electronic locks using two 1.5V dry batteries, and devices using 5V USB power supplies.
- Battery driven applications supported
- Medium sized DC motors can be driven
- Board space savings.
- Even when the battery runs low, operation is secured.
- No need for external MOSFETs, reduced BOM
- Very small designs are possible
- Devices using 5 V USB power supply
- Toys using two 1.5 V dry batteries
- devices using 3.7 V lithium-ion batteries
- Motor applications (1.8 V to 6.0 V)