- Up to 3000 frames p/s
- For precise distance sensing and gesture sensing
- Highest speed, small size and very low power consumption
- Up to 16 illuminated pixels
Broadcom´s multi-pixel distance and motion measurement sensor based on the optical Time of Flight principle excels by supporting up to 3000 frames per second with up to 16 illuminated pixels.
The sensor has been developed with a special focus on precise distance sensing and gesture sensing applications with the need for highest speed, small size and very low power consumption. Through its best in class ambient light suppression of up to 200k Lux, there is no problem to use it in outside environments.
The technology has been optimized to measure distances of up to 10m (black target) with an accuracy of < 1% on a wide variety of surfaces. It works equally well on white, black, colored as well as on metallic reflective surfaces.
The module has an integrated 680nm/850nm laser light source and uses a single voltage supply of 5V, the data is transferred via a digital SPI interface.
Limited samples available in July 2018 and market release in November 2018.
- Integrated Laser light source
- Between 1 - 16 illuminated Pixels
- Very fast measurement rates of up to 3 kHz
- Variable distance range up to 10m
- Operation up to 200k Lux ambient light
- Works well on all surface conditions
- SPI digital interface (up to 20MHz)
- Single voltage supply 5V
- Integrated clock source
- Laser Class 1
- Accuracy < 1%
- Drop in compatible within the AFBR-S50 Sensor Plattform
- Industrial sensors
- Gesture sensing
- Distance measurement
- Automation and control