- Triple-speed 10/100/1000Base-T GbE transceiver
- Advanced power savings with Green technology
- Highly optimized for multiple in-car endpoint applications
- Enhanced design for stringent automotive requirement
The BCM89610 is a 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) transceiver integrated into a single monolithic CMOS chip.
The device performs all of the physical layer (PHY) functions for 1000Base-T, 100Base-TX, and 10Base-T Ethernet packets over copper wire, such as FlexRay™. The 10Base-T Ethernet can also run on standard categories 3, 4 , and 5 UTP. The BCM89610 is designed to exceed automotive specifications for noise cancellation and transmission jitter, providing consistent and reliable operation over the broadest range of existing cable plants.
Supports various interface options for connectivity to external devices, making it the perfect solution for in-car applications such as onboard diagnostics.
• Single-chip integrated triple-speed Ethernet transceiver. Support for the following copper line interfaces:
– 1000Base-T IEEE 802.3ab
– 100Base-TX IEEE 802.3u
– 10Base-T IEEE 802.3
• Supports Ethernet@Wirespeed(TM)
• Fully integrated twisted-pair termination resistors
• Trace-matched output impedance
- Specific architectural and design enhancements are utilized to increase design for test, reliability, and quality to surpass AECQ100 and EMC requirements.
• Designed to support IEEE 1588 timing function.
• Small size footprint support with 48-pin MLP package.
• Automotive cable diagnostics feature can detect pair open/short and distance.
- Industrial Automation
- Boradband Access